Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Fitness Goals

Sure, I may not know EXACTLY what I wanna do sports-wise (and by that I mean competitively), but goals are always good! I miss the itch of individual athletic pursuits. A friend of mine recently competed in a competition, and it made me realize how much I miss getting up super early on a weekend to compete. I just don't know what direction I'm going in, and I believe it's better to take a step back and reassess sometimes than just keep plugging away and messing with muscle memory.

But thankfully I do have some goals to work for this summer...

1- Roller derby rules test and evals TOMORROW! I'm super nervous. Home teams start practicing next week, and I really wanna compete in the bouts this summer. I'm confident about the rules test. I have a few skills to work on a bit today and tomorrow...jitters...

2- Swimming lessons! I am almost 28 years old and I don't know how to swim. I also pitched a local news daily to write about learning to swim as an adult and was assigned the piece, so that puts extra pressure to actually learn. (Not that I need extra incentive!) I've decided with my schedule to go with private lessons with the local YMCA, so this week I'm going to need to pay for a 3-month membership.

3 - Surfing lessons! Good gosh do I wanna learn how to surf. Goal #2 will be an important pre-req. Ha.

4 - Start running. As in, more consistently. Twice a week, for ANY distance, every week would be fantastic for me.

For now, just focusing on #1: lots of mental prep tonight for tomorrow's roller derby test: rules test and time trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment